Uploaded on 7 July , 2014
Length : 15:34
Osteomyelitis, or Bone Infection is a $1.7 billion market where prolonged, long-term antibiotic therapy, multiple surgical interventions and the threat of amputation are the current standard of care. Rising prosthetic infections, diabetic ulcers, war injuries, sports injuries, and an increasing resistance to antibiotics contribute to this growing condition.
In this documentary we look at the impact of CERAMENT™, the first injectable antibiotic eluting bone substitute indicated to promote and protect bone healing being jeopardized by infection.
Featuring interviews with:
- Lars Lidgren, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
- Mr Martin McNally, Lead Surgeon, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford University Hospitals
- Dr Andrew Woodhouse, Clinical Lead, Bone Infection Unit, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford University Hospitals
- Dr Fredrik Lindberg, Associate Professor & Co-Founder, BONESUPPORT AB
- Lloyd Diamond, CEO, BONESUPPORT AB
- Arthur Edinburgh, Patient, Bone Infection Unit